What’s not to like about National Treasure? This one breaks the spirit of the List a little, since I have seen this movie multiple times are remember it fairly well. But also I like it a lot, and didn’t have the heart to reject it when it was suggested. So here we are!
This is a really fun historical heist movie. The DaVinci Code, eat your heart out. I have actually not seen many Nick Cage movies, so this one (and Lord of War) is the foundation for my appreciating of his particular brand of acting. It’s the good shit.
- I’m going to steal the Declaration of Independence
- Using said Declaration as a bulletproof shield
- Using fire around ancient crumbling documents
- Rotting wooden stairways that break slowly for the heroes and IMMEDIATELY for bald assholes
- LIGHTING MYSTERIOUS SUBSTANCE ALIGHT IN ROOM FULL OF CRUMBLING DOCUMENTS
- You don’t hear the bald asshole hit the ground
- Riley drives on the grass at the end like a fucking barbarian
- Sean Bean didn’t die